[nycphp-talk] PHP as EXE

Shannon Weyrick weyrick at roadsend.com
Fri May 14 14:25:06 EDT 2004

Hans Zaunere wrote:

> These scripts, however, still require a compiled PHP binary somewhere on
> the system.  The Roadsend Compiler for PHP that Shannon spoke of
> eliminates this need by compiling a static binary (correct any details
> Shannon).  This - among other features - is some very exciting stuff,
> and I hope we can get a presentation on it soon :)

It can compile to a "stand alone" binary (not requiring an interpreter
or source). The actual executable can be linked either statically or
dynamically to the various runtime libraries.

It can also generate static and shared libraries, which can be used
either with stand alone applications, or as compiled web applications
run directly from apache.

Also included is a complete interpreter for running code 'on the fly',
just as Zend PHP does (from both command line and from the web).

Hopefully once we've released the final product, we'll have time to
schedule a presentation!

Shannon
www.roadsend.com