[nycphp-talk] Smarty

Matthew Terenzio webmaster at localnotion.com
Tue May 18 17:30:25 EDT 2004

Just read David Sklar's  "Essential PHP tools". It serves as a great
reference for Pear DB, Auth,HTML_Quickform etc.. I don't even know him,
so I'm not being biased.

But I was curious about people's feelings of Smarty. Do most think this
extra processing is worth it? A conscientious job of keeping logic and
presentation separate would accomplish this as well. Any feelings?

Also, any feelings about DB and whether there is a big performance hit?
Also, does it work well with stored procedures and other RBDMS specific
goodies?

Matt Terenzio