[nycphp-talk] Smarty

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Tue May 18 21:02:21 EDT 2004

--- Matthew Terenzio <webmaster at localnotion.com> wrote:
> I was curious about people's feelings of Smarty.

Deja Vu. :-)

This question sparked the largest thread I've ever seen on PHP-General:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&m=108126501502164&w=2

It always makes for a nice debate between three groups of people:

1. Smarty rocks.
2. PHP is a templating system. Why learn another?
3. Templating is good, but Foo is better than Smarty.

This was also the focus of a NYPHP presentation. I encourage you to read
the 100 or so messages sent to PHP-General on the topic and read through
the slides from the NYPHP presentation. You should at least get an idea of
all of the perspectives. :-)

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/