[nycphp-talk] NEW PHundamentals Question - HTTP Authentication

Hans Zaunere hans at nyphp.com
Fri Nov 5 21:31:28 EST 2004

http://username:password@intranet/wiki/index.php/RecentChanges?format=rs

> But since PHPWiki authenticates via an HTML form, there's nothing they
> can do. So I guess I won't call this a silly feature anymore.

That's an excellent point, and probably something no one thinks about
when considering HTTP Auth.

That said, however, I think the perfect solution would be to convert the
HTTP auth into a form auto mechanism.  I haven't looked at the headers a
URL like the above generates, but I'm sure it possible to redirect that
into a non HTTP auth form post?

---
Hans Zaunere
President, Founder