[nycphp-talk] E-Commerce Packages

Randal Rust rrust at r2communications.com
Mon Nov 8 13:53:49 EST 2004

I have a client that has asked for me to take over the development of
their e-commerce app.

I can easily create the pieces/parts for entering and managing data such
as products, categories, users, etc. But the client also needs some
additional functionality that I've never built from scratch, such as
online payment processing via a gateway.

So I started looking at osCommerce, and quite frankly, can't make heads
or tails out of the code. I would need to make some modifications in
order to fulfill some of the requirements, but it would take me forever
to figure out what is going on in osCommerce. I've been working with PHP
for about three years now, and do most of my development in OOP these
days, but osCommerce is just way over my head.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other packages I should look at?

--
Randal Rust

R.Squared Communications
http://www.r2communications.com
Digital Design for Bricks-and-Mortar Businesses