[nycphp-talk] Enterprise-level Functionality in PHP

Andrew Yochum andrew at digitalpulp.com
Thu Nov 11 13:20:27 EST 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 11:01:21AM -0500, Randal Rust wrote:
> For the past two years, I have been in charge of the development of a
> prototype for an enterprise-level application. The prototype is in
> PHP/MySQL/ADODB and the *real* application is J2EE.
>
> So what I am looking to do is add some of the enterprise-level functions
> into the system, such as:
>
> - workflow
> - live chat
> - imaging and document management
> - integration with Adobe Forms
>
> I've found some live chat options, but don't seem to be having much luck
> in the other areas. Any suggestions?

I can't say I've done anything with it, but TikiWiki's GalaxiaWorkflow
might be worth checking out.  I've used Openflow (which is what Galaxia
was based on), and if its anything like it you should have a great
workflow framework with a lot of flexibility.

See:
    http://tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=GalaxiaWorkflow

HTH,
Andrew