[nycphp-talk] Enterprise PHP - Yes?

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Thu Nov 18 16:56:13 EST 2004

I really don't get it. I've never had any trouble scaling pretty much any programming language across multiple servers for the purpose of web apps. It all pretty much comes down to making sure that all app data is stored in a shared database and then load balancing your application servers. If you want to be more effecient with data caching then do something like use XML-RPC between different layers of your application logic and use normal http caching with something like Squid between the layers. The programming language and OS involved are for the most part irrelevant as far as scaling goes. You can even mix and match them without any problem.

CLIENT <-(cache)-> FRONTEND APP CLUSTER <-(cache)-> BACKEND APP CLUSTER <-(cache)-> DB CLUSTER

--
Michael <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org