[nycphp-talk] Enterprise PHP - Yes?

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Thu Nov 18 17:38:46 EST 2004

>I wonder if this is targetted at people/companies that would rather
>not have to hassle setting up the servers and infrastructure to
>implement what you describe?
>
>"I want my PHP applications to scale massively but I can't afford a
>CTO" kind of companies.

I suppose so but in that case why do any in-house development? If you're
paying for outsourcing your development then they should be able to
scale your apps as much as you need anyway assuming your willing to pay
for it. For the most part all you need to do is setup the servers you
want in the standard way, setup load balancing however your techs like
to implement it, and setup your caches, webservers, databases, etc as
normal. Nothing about it is something a reasonably well trained system
admin couldn't do with ease. The only step the average admin might have
to put much work into is learning how load balancing is implemented.

--
Michael <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org