[nycphp-talk] PEAR Image Transform Library - similar libraries available?

Jayesh Sheth jayeshsh at ceruleansky.com
Thu Nov 18 17:57:39 EST 2004

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has used the alpha version of the PEAR Image
Transform library:

http://pear.php.net/package/Image_Transform/

It has no online documentation, but I think I can figure out how to use it
(/ its methods).

It seems to have a lot of useful methods, such as: resize an image
proportionally given either the new width or the new height. For example,
suppose you have a 240 x 320 image (width by height). If you want to
resize the width to 100, what should the height be to keep the image
proportional?

It has "drivers" for various image transformation libraries, such as GD,
ImageMagick, etc.

I was wondering if any of you have other functions / classes that do
similar stuff, since this is supposedly alpha code (with some placeholder
methods).

Thanks,

- Jay