[nycphp-talk] [OT] Favorite MySQL navigator

Hans Zaunere hans at nyphp.com
Fri Nov 19 09:38:08 EST 2004

> Sorry: I am becoming notorious for asking more questions (trolling)
> about hosting providers, international outsourcing, databases, and
> programming style than strict PHP. But I value all of your opinions
> and I have yet another question.
>
> What is everyone's favorite MySQL database navigator program? Or are
> you still just loving the MySQL command line client?
>
>  I have used the command line, SQLyog, and Navicat extensively. I've
> also seemed to stay away from MySQL Administrator, MySQL Maestro, and
> MySQL Control Center, and phpMyAdmin; In case you cared.

Well, I like the ones you mention... for web, phpMyAdmin of course,
although I find it gives erroneous results sometimes, so be careful.
For strict DB control, I like MySQL Administrator.  For more SQL related
things, Navicat and the MySQL Query Browser are nice...

> Please contact me *off-list* as I fear I maybe be e-castrated for this
post.

Why?  Although, these types of questions come up often enough, that we
should start an NYPHP MVP, Most Valuable Project.

---
Hans Zaunere
President, Founder
New York PHP