[nycphp-talk] PHP: Universal Document Conversion

Thomas O'Neill tommyo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 16:41:03 EST 2004

Hey Everyone,

I have a client that would like to be able to take uploaded files in
*any* format and convert them to a tiff file before storing them for
later viewing.

When I say ANY file format I mean most printable documents. I.E.

WordPad, MS Word,MS Excell,Text, Unicode,PowerPoint,MS Project,MS
Visio,HTML,PDF,JPEG,GIF,BMP,PNG,Lotus 1-2-3,Xerox,CorellDRAW, etc.

I have found several windows programs that are print driver emulators
that all users to print to the program in order to convert the
document to a TIFF.

There are also some of these programs that come with and SDK  so that
they can be programmed to.

I am wondering if anyone on the list has done something similar to
this using PHP?  Doesn't need to be  free, open source, GPL, or any
thing like that.  Just wanted to check if there was already something
out there before i reinvent the wheel.

Thanks a million!

Tom O'Neill
Bloomington, MN