[nycphp-talk] Uploading file with PHP

Tom tom at supertom.com
Sun Nov 21 10:28:38 EST 2004

Hi Joseph,

These are all possible options from php.ini that can effect upload.  I
downloaded xampp myself and took them from their php.ini, so doubt you are
having a problem with these, but just putting them in for a sanity check:

memory_limit = 8M
upload_max_filesize = 2M
post_max_size = 8M
file_uploads = On
;upload_tmp_dir = (make sure this is writeable by the User the web server is
running as)
max_execution_time = 30

Now, pertaining to the LimitRequestBody Directive:

I have Apache 2x on Redhat 9, and I have a /etc/httpd/conf/conf.d directory,
and inside of there I have a php.conf file.  In that file I have this:

<Files *.php>
    SetOutputFilter PHP
    SetInputFilter PHP
    LimitRequestBody 524288
</Files>

I know for certain that if you don't adjust the limitrequestbody attribute,
you won't be able to upload files larger than this number.

On this page:

http://us2.php.net/features.file-upload

A fellow mentions adding this to his *httpd.conf* file.  Make sure to adjust
the number to be larger than your upload.  You'll need to make a block like
this for every extension you want PHP to handle, so if you are having PHP
process .html files, you'll need one that says Files *.html.

Also see here:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/lofiversion/index.php/t115421.html

If it is not this, I'm out of ideas.

Good Luck!