[nycphp-talk] turning off postgresql support

Hans Zaunere hans at nyphp.com
Mon Nov 22 14:16:02 EST 2004

> i posted late last week about getting this error when i run php from
> the commandline:
>
> PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/lib/php4/pgsql.so' - libpq.so.3: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
>
> a few people told me to disable postgresql in the php.ini file, but
> after looking through that file, and doing a web search, i can't seem
> to figure out how to do that.  i can see how to change various
> postgresql settings, but not how to disable it entirely.
>
> so, though this seems like a really stupid question, can someone
> enlighten me as to what i need to set in a custom php.ini file?

If anything, it'd be the 'extension' directive in php.ini, although this
still might not make any difference.

If I remember correctly, this still might not work, depending on how it
was compiled.

Run:

ldd /path/to/php/bin/php

and maybe you'll see libpq listed, in which case you'd need to
recompile.  Although, I could also be forgetting something.

And some more stuff:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.dl.php

---
Hans Zaunere