[nycphp-talk] OT: Firefox Failing on Windows XP

Jeff Siegel jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Mon Nov 29 08:00:18 EST 2004

This problem is so strange I'm not even sure how to describe it. I've
been using Firefox (and its previous incarnations) for quite some time.
Then I encountered the following problem. Firefox has become completely
unusable. I'm not sure if this is a Firefox issue or a WinXP issue
though the problems described below have only affected Firefox and all
of my other applications are working correctly. Here are some examples
of the problems I've encountered.

a) On startup the default 'home' page does not appear though I can
right-click on the page and view the html source.
b) I can not type anything into the address box nor the Google search box.
c) The menus are inaccessible through either the mouse or keyboard. In
fact, Firefox does not respond to any keyboard commands.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No luck.

Any clues?

Jeff S.