[nycphp-talk] shopping cart

Hans C. Kaspersetz hans at cyberxdesigns.com
Fri Oct 1 16:16:41 EDT 2004

I have used X-Cart on a bunch of projects.  It is a beast but I like
it.  Both implementations of X-Cart that I did this summer have included
a lot of customization.  I normally completely re-skin it and then I
modify for my clients needs.  I like all the features it comes with out
of the box.  The re-skinning process can be tedious and there are some
cross browser compatibility issues that need to be solved.  But I like.

It does have some draw backs, it can be slow and there are regular
security updates.  If you customize it too much you will have to make
the security updates manually.  Not fun.  By the way, I do not consider
the updates the draw back, I consider the manual application of the
patches a pain in the arse.   I know this does not answer your question
about a cart that fits your criteria but I figured I would add my $0.02.

Support and the forums for X-Cart are very helpful.  I always find the
answers I need in the forums and I have had some vexing problems.  So
the short of it is that X-Cart has solved my client's ecommerce needs
and I will continue to use it for a while.

http://www.imaginativelearningtools.com

If you have any x-cart questions you can contact me off-list and I am
more then happy to answer them.

Hans Kaspersetz

--
Hans C. Kaspersetz