[nycphp-talk] Remote procedure calls

Derek DeVries derek at sportspyder.com
Wed Oct 6 13:25:53 EDT 2004

I am making an offline version of php application that I have on the web.

The client will take the software offline, save data to an offline Oracle
Lite database, and then sync the data back online at a later date. I am
trying to determine the best way to perform remore procedure calls and
transmit large amounts of data back to the online database.

I have been looking at XML-RPC and SOAP which seem like good solutions for
remote procedure calls, but not necessarily for transmitting large amounts
of data. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

- Derek