[nycphp-talk] [OT] News Server Storage Space

ophir prusak lists at prusak.com
Wed Oct 6 22:33:08 EDT 2004

That really depends on what you consider "a useful collection".
I worked at an ISP a while back and the newgroups servers were real
monsters, not to mention bandwidth which was enormous.
I don't remember the exact numbers but I do remember that the sys admins
were constantly discussing how much to keep, what groups and how far
back, because of bandwidth and storage usage.

If you just want to keep just comp.lang.php you'll be fine.
If you want to keep alt.*   .... well, you get the picture.

Ophir Prusak