[nycphp-talk] Marco Tabini needs case studies for marketing PHP

Mark Armendariz nyphp at enobrev.com
Tue Oct 12 22:13:12 EDT 2004

I know this isn't necessarily technical, but I figure pushing php benefits
us all.

http://blogs.phparch.com/mt/index.php?p=30

"    *  The basic idea is to build a war chest of marketing and business
resources that insiders and independent consultants can use to promote the
introduction and use of PHP in a company-be it large, medium or small.
    * I am interested in case studies that showcase how PHP solves problems,
lower costs of implementation and ownership and lives within the enterprise
    * I am particularly interested in how PHP was adopted and why,
especially if the company has a long tradition of taking advantage of
commercial software.
    * Do remember that these are marketing documents, not technical ones. As
such, you must be ready to write from a marketing and business point of
view, rather than a technical one.
    * Studies that showcase a particular product that your company
implements are ok, under two conditions: (1) the case study must focus on
the benefits of PHP, and not only your application and (2) your application
must be connected (as in "written in" or "written for") PHP."

Mark