[nycphp-talk] Marco Tabini needs case studies for marketing PHP

Michael Southwell michael.southwell at nyphp.org
Wed Oct 13 10:40:55 EDT 2004

At 09:26 AM 10/13/2004, you wrote:

>And let's also remember that NYPHP has asked for case studies in the
>past so if anyone does have a good case, please let us know and we'll
>include it on nyphp.org and our new AMPeers section (sort of like
>PHundamentals).

not exactly.

AMPeers is a collection of articles *written by users* on any topic likely
to be of general interest to the community, long, short, or whatever, and
published by us as a community service, without any editing beyond a simple
"is this worth publishing?"  Final announcement of this project is awaiting
resolution of some issues about the exact structure of the website, but you
will hear something shortly.  So please start getting together your own
submissions:  "How I do this" or "What I found out about that" or "Things
to watch out for in whatever."

PHundamentals are articles *written by the PHundamentals team*, Jeff Siegel
with some minor help from me, consolidating responses on Talk and elsewhere
to questions about best practices in various areas.  One such question is
live now:  best practice for headers for forcing downloads (see
http://lists.nyphp.org/pipermail/talk/2004-October/012375.html ).

Michael Southwell
VP, Education Department
New York PHP