[nycphp-talk] Marginally OT: dedicated hosting

Matthew Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Thu Oct 14 22:49:30 EDT 2004

Couple things ....

1)  I do hard drive to hard drive backups anyway.  Just write a script and put it in cron, and use public/private keys to scp back and forth between the servers.  It works like a charm. I don't trust tape devices, you never fully know if the data is there.

2)  johnscompanies.com is good, but they are virtual servers. Not a dedicated solution.  Still good.

Regards,

Matt