[nycphp-talk] Marginally OT: dedicated hosting

Hans Zaunere hans at nyphp.com
Fri Oct 15 19:51:49 EDT 2004

> It's not just Johncompanies -- most colo providers have a dodgy web
> presence, and it makes it very hard to be a savvy customer.

Agreed... colo can be a unique business, and actually web sites don't
mean anything.  For instance, I can grab photos from Verio, Rackspace,
etc. and call it pictures of my facility.

> Even Pilosoft has nothing about Alex or about the work he does for
> Free software in New York, or what qualifies him to run an ISP. Why
> not?

True, but I can bring you down to his facility :)

He also manages VoIP, DSL, etc. - great technically, just not good as
far as marketing  :)

Disclaimer:  He's a personal friend :)