[nycphp-talk] flush() and timed output

Ophir Prusak prusak at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 08:11:31 EDT 2004

Actually, this has to do with the browser as well is the server.

I found a comment of mine from 2000 on the flush function (via google cache):

I've had problems where IE would buffer the output on it's own before
showing it on the screen.
What I did is to print 300 spaces before the flush. This seems to have
filled the IE buffer and output it to the screen.

Pity that php.net has removed older comments as I see that some of
them are still helpful. I just noticed this now.