[nycphp-talk] Automatically create an object from a form

Chris Bielanski Cbielanski at inta.org
Tue Oct 19 11:48:16 EDT 2004

sure, in javascript make an if tree (Remember it's 'else if' with the space)
or switch-case construct,

inside each case put the PHP code for the desired constructor...

if(document.formname["controlname"].value) == "X")
{
<?
	var $classX = new classX($parm);
?>
}
else if(document.formname["controlname"].value) == "Y")
{
<?
	var $classX = new classY($parm);
?>
}
else
{
}

Syntax might be wrong a smidge here of there, YMMV.

Thanks,
Chris Bielanski
Web Programmer,
International Trademark Association,