[nycphp-talk] simplexml, gentoo emerge

chris feldmann cfeldmann at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 22:44:40 EDT 2004

Last one:
Does anyone actually have php-5 or greater installed with emerge under
gentoo with the simplexml commands working properly?

Thanks to Ajai and Matt: I got emerge to work properly across the
board. But simplexml commands STILL don't work. So I'd like to ask a
different but related question concerning USE flags and ./configure
options. These two sets overlap but don't exhaust each other. Is there
a way pass configuration options to emerge other than with USE flags?
I ask because though simplexml commands are enabled by default, I
notice on phpinfo() that it was configured with --disable-libxml. I'm
wondering if that might be a problem. Note that this was *with* the
xml2 USE flag. But there's no libxml USE flag. So what if I could pass
an explicit --enable-libxml to emerge?

I know simplexml is SUPPOSED to be enabled by default in >=php-5, but
I also wonder if the simplexml USE flag isn't actually being passed
(clues: doesn't show up in phpinfo, etcat-u php returns a list that
*doesn't include simplexml*. Could gentoo actually be using the 4.3.9
USE flags?

~c