[nycphp-talk] simplexml, gentoo emerge

Andrew Yochum andrew at digitalpulp.com
Thu Oct 21 09:39:15 EDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 11:43:59PM -0400, Matt Kern wrote:
> chris feldmann wrote:
> >Last one:
> >Does anyone actually have php-5 or greater installed with emerge under
> >gentoo with the simplexml commands working properly?
<snip>
> I emerged mod_php not php.  Maybe that has something to do with it?
>
> Yes, I'm running it today.  The snippet below is from my phpinfo()
<snip>

"Me too!"

I had no problems getting PHP 5 it to work on Gentoo.  Guessing from one
of your recent emails, one thing that *might* be key for you is the
difference between the php and mod_php ebuilds.  php is the CLI/CGI
version of PHP.  mod_php is the Apache module that you setup as the
handler for *.php pages served through Apache.  You should be emerging
the latter.  Restart Apache after your emerge, too.

HTH,
Andrew