[nycphp-talk] NEW PHundamentals Question - HTTP Authentication

Ophir Prusak prusak at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 21:15:25 EDT 2004

I meant secure as in if you leave it up to the web server to ask for
user/pass (and not directly in your PHP) then the code in apache that
does the authentication is probably pretty good.

If on the other hand you're just using a normal form for the user and
password, there are probably more ways a hacker could get around it,
especially for beginning programmers.

Regarding sniffing the user/pass, in both cases it's clear text unless
you use SSL.