[nycphp-talk] Testing PHP with Perl

Hans Zaunere hans at nyphp.com
Mon Oct 25 22:13:35 EDT 2004

> What is everyone's threshold of pain concerning the length of a talk?

I think our threshold is pretty high...

> Yes, that's a loaded question. Geoff and I have been doing a lot of
work
> lately with the Apache-Test framework and PHP, and we've got a lot to
talk
> about.

If there's a lot of good in-depth stuff, that'd be great.  Of course,
I'm sure any presentation you guys come up with will be fine.

So the reason for my gibberish above is not about *our* threshold, but
rather IBM's threshold (and Krook, correct me if I'm wrong).  We
officially start at 6:30 but people are late so we don't really get
rolling until 6:40.  As far as I know, IBM needs us out by 8:30.  We'll
probably need around 15-20 minutes for giveaways and miscellaneous
chatter, so that math ends up basically being the threshold.  Again,
Krook/DeWitt, let me know if these number are off...

> Also, are there any PHPUnit or Simple Test experts (or moderates) who
plan
> to be in attendance? I know some Perl people are showing up, so this
might
> be a good chance to exchange ideas and methodologies.

Well, if Perl folks are showing, we'll need about 8 hours to discuss
things :)  Oh right, there's Jeff's favorite, TGI Fridays, and a bar
afterwards  :)

---
Hans Zaunere
President, Founder