[nycphp-talk] SSL question

Andrew Yochum andrew at digitalpulp.com
Thu Oct 28 12:11:04 EDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 11:45:55AM -0400, Rahmin Pavlovic wrote:
<snip>
> It appears as if this behavior only exists on secure pages.  When I
> channel the login page through the SSL, the behavior kicks in on the
> login page w/these two machines.
>
> So I'm wondering if this may be an issue betwixt the SSL and the
> browser's in question..?
<snip>

You're not alone.  Many, including myself, have been through this with
IE & SSL also.

Try dropping this into your apache config:
    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
    SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP

See:
    http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#io-ie

HTH,
Andrew