[nycphp-talk] OpenSource CMS

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 08:35:44 EST 2004

An excellent resource for research is OpenSourceCMS:

     http://www.opensourcecms.com/

As a core developer on mambo, I am unabashedly biased ;-)

Functionality-wise, the king of the hill IMHO is plone, but also has
the greatest complexity and performance requirements (dual processor
machine with >1GB RAM is minimal for a serious site).  After that it
becomes a pick-your-poison type of exercise.

You must weigh the importance of simplicity, ease of installation,
features and 3rd party availability in your decision accordingly. I
joined the mambo team because I felt they had the cleanest/easiest
administration interface, and the most active 3rd party community (for
add-ons and extraneous goodies).  Write me directly for any background
information on the latest developments, as I believe you may find them
interesting.

Just make sure that the CMS you choose has a good active community
behind it, and a dedicated team of developers working on the core; and
you will be assured that your CMS will be able to grow with you.

-- Mitch

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:05:03 +0000, phatboy at speakeasy.net