[nycphp-talk] OpenSource CMS

Hans Zaunere hans at nyphp.com
Sun Oct 31 12:47:19 EST 2004

> I am currently looking for a very good CMS that has
> good colloboration functionality to build a web site
> from. I am looking for a cms that is very customizable
> and modular with good performance and security.

Security is going to be a trick...

> The following are the CMSs I am looking into so far.
> XARAYA, PHPNUKE, MAMBO, TIKIWIKI...

Don't use PHPNUKE - in fact, don't use anything with the word "nuke" in
it...

> Just starting out with PHP so I dont have much experience
> with programming. I am hoping to get some feedback/suggestion
> from folks that have worked with the above CMS or others worth
> considering - Thanks!

http://oscom.org can also be a resource.  It's generally a matter of
trial and error, but I can say Mambo, Midgard, eZ Publish, Drupal have a
generally good reputation.

Another thing to keep in mind is cost.  If you're willing a little,
you'll probably end up with a solid CMS.