[nycphp-talk] PHP Becoming JAVA?

Brian Kaney brian at vermonster.com
Wed Sep 1 11:38:19 EDT 2004

It seems a bit bias to say the least.

The new object model is really a response to the community's demand;
being good marketing fodder is an added bonus.  The community wanted to
have static functions, protected private variables and a better
constructor/destructor, etc.

Procedural programming in PHP5 is still there (plus), what I think the
author considers for "quick development".  And adding the new object
model makes PHP more conducent for the enterprise.  I see v5 as no less
accessible for new programmers and more evolved for advanced apps.

- Brian