[nycphp-talk] php.ini question

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Thu Sep 2 11:49:12 EDT 2004

Rahmin Pavlovic wrote:
> I'm porting my scripts over to this new server, and all variables that weren't previously declared throw an error.  I'm trying to modify the
> php.ini file such that I don't have to declare all my variables, but not exactly sure which setting it is.  Can someone tell me which, or point me
> to a decent resource?  TIA -

That would be error_reporting and display_errors:

http://us4.php.net/manual/en/ref.errorfunc.php#ini.error-reporting
http://us4.php.net/manual/en/ref.errorfunc.php#ini.display-errors

Note - IMHO development servers should have error reporting set to
E_ALL, and production servers should only log errors to file - not to
the screen.

-- Mitch