[nycphp-talk] question about utf-8 or unicode?

Joel De Gan joel at tagword.com
Sun Sep 5 16:47:11 EDT 2004

Hey all.. list is being slow yea, and lazy weekend.
I am sitting here trying to figure something out and maybe someone else
knows or I am googling the wrong things..

trying to pass russian/japanese etc chars via the URL.
I.e. (the desc=variable):
http://{SOME_URL}?desc=%u0440%u0443%u0441%u0441%u043A%u0438%u0439%20%u044F%u0437%u044B%u043A
And cannot seem to get them back.

Tried the following:
html_entity_decode(rawurldecode ($desc));
html_entity_decode(urldecode ($desc), ENT_NOQUOTES, "koi8-ru");

And also tried just about every possible combo..
Poked around with mbstring, but these should be pretty basic unicode
transforms but I have never messed around with them.

Anyone have any idea how to do this?

--
joeldg - developer, Intercosmos media group.
http://lucifer.intercosmos.net