[nycphp-talk] question about utf-8 or unicode?

Joel De Gan joel at tagword.com
Mon Sep 6 14:07:30 EDT 2004

Thanks
no, is fine if you want to tell people about it, it is sitting on a
dedicated server that has plenty of pipe.

I just got the translations set up for various languages.

I also reworked some of the favlet code and added in examples to show
how to set up the bars in the various browsers etc..

-joel

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 16:42, chris feldmann wrote:
> Joel,
> I've been using this on and off, and it seems to me to be
> shaping up into a really neat tool. There's a slashdot
> discussion on extensions today, and I thought of linking to
> history agent, then I thought I'd bounce it off you first,
> since posting something to this list isn't the same as
> advertising it to the masses. By reply time, the thread will
> be stale, but surely there'll be another within a week or
> so. So the question, I guess, is: do you want as much
> traffic as your pipe can handle?
>
> -chris
> > Re: [nycphp-talk] question about utf-8 or unicode?
> > From:
> > Joel De Gan <joel at tagword.com>
> > Date:
> > Sun, 05 Sep 2004 21:46:13 +0000
> > To:
> > NYPHP Talk <talk at lists.nyphp.org>
> >
> > To:
> > NYPHP Talk <talk at lists.nyphp.org>

> > Message:
> > 3
> >

> > Well..
> > The main issue is something like this:
> > http://historyagent.com/index.php?str=Русскийязык
> > Which the browser translates into:
> > http://historyagent.com/index.php?str=%D0%A0%D1%83%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9%D1%8F%D0%B7%D1%8B%D0%BA
> > Which if piped through:
> > html_entity_decode(rawurldecode ($desc))
> > works fine.
> >
> > However,
> > when passed through javascript escape I get:
> > http://historyagent.com/index.php?str=%u0420%u0443%u0441%u0441%u043A%u0438%u0439%20%u044F%u0437%u044B%u043A
> > Which is having issues being translated in php
> >
> > I think I am going to remove the javascript escaping..
> > -joel
> >
> > On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 21:16, Daniel Convissor wrote:
> >
> >>Hey Joel:
> >>
> >>URL encoding is based on RFC 1738, which says the encoding consists
> >>"of the character "%" followed by the two hexadecimal digits"
> >>representing the octet for a "character within the US-ASCII coded
> >>character set."  So, Unicode seems out of the question.
> >>
> >>See you,
> >>
> >>--Dan

> >> Re: [nycphp-talk] question about utf-8 or unicode?
> >> From:
> >> Joel De Gan <joel at tagword.com>
> >> Date:
> >> Sun, 05 Sep 2004 22:07:29 +0000
> >> To:
> >> NYPHP Talk <talk at lists.nyphp.org>

joeldg - developer, Intercosmos media group.
http://lucifer.intercosmos.net