[nycphp-talk] Re: Downloading a CSV file

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Tue Sep 7 23:57:10 EDT 2004

On 07/09/04 22:43 -0500, Brian Pang wrote:
> Instead of streaming the results, you could instead write the output to
> a static file and then push that back to the browser. You'd have to do
> similar header() settings.

Which is what I was thinking of doing with MySQL's SELECT...INTO OUTFILE
statement.

> Sometimes, I will actually return html tables (and call the file
> foo.xls) instead of csv, but, of course, the file gets to be
> significantly larger with all those tags.

That's an interesting approach.  MS Excel will read HTML Tables...that
never enetered my mind. Hmmm, I wonder if going the other way (for
another project) would be beneficial...

--

Regards,

Faber

Linux New Jersey: Open Source Solutions for New Jersey
http://www.linuxnj.com