[nycphp-talk] recommended introductory PHP text

Brian O'Connor gatzby3jr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 14:45:08 EDT 2004

Out of curiosity...where are you all teaching these courses? Are they
in colleges/universities, or other types.  I'm heading off to college
next year and I haven't found a college that has offered a course on
Web Programming (just Computer Science, which I'm assuming is Java /
C++).

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:04:08 -0400 (EDT), David Mintz
<dmintz at davidmintz.org> wrote:

> John, the Safari suggestion is quite intriguing. I ought to add here that
> there is not going to be ~any~ required text at all. There will be
> ~recommended~ texts, and suggested supplemental readings therefrom. (One
> of the main objectives will be to teach them to understand and use
> php.net/manual/[your language]/, mother of all M's ) That being the case,
> the Safari might be especially well suited. Thanks for the tip.
>

> ---
> David Mintz http://davidmintz.org/
>
>         "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17

Brian O'Connor