Re: [nycphp-talk] OT (WAY!! ot) ever seen a custom keyboard for coders?

joshmccormack at travelersdiary.com joshmccormack at travelersdiary.com
Fri Sep 10 16:14:01 EDT 2004

You can remap your keyboard in some operating systems (like Linux:
http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/linux/usersguide/linux_ugterminal.html).

I have an extra keyboard at home I'm going to cut up to remove and
disable most keys other than letter and numbers - I have a 14 month old
daughter who sometimes plays games of the bang on the keyboard and make
Elmo laugh variety, and she invariably hits ESC, function keys, etc.,
which do undesireable and sometimes odd things.

This looney genius dude did some physical keyboard modding:
http://tlb.org/keyboardchop.html

Josh