[nycphp-talk] secure page not showing styles in external css in mozilla?

Stephen Musgrave stephen at musgrave.org
Fri Sep 10 19:05:25 EDT 2004

> The https scheme is being used for the parent resource, it sounds like,
> and the embedded resources are not secure. You want to either use
> relative
> URLs for your embedded resources, or you want to specify an absolute
> URL
> using the https scheme rather than http.

Yeah, I think I understand this.  I just responded to Chris Snyder's
inquiry and included the <head> for analysis.

> Out of curiosity, you say that this doesn't work on Safari, and then
> you
> say that it does work on Safari. I should hope that IE is the only
> browser
> this insecure.

Good catch.  I should have said "firefox".  Here is the revised copy in
question:

"i am working on a secure donation form.  when i view the page through
the https protocol on FIREFOX (os x & win xp) and camino (os x), the
page appears without the styles defined in an external styles sheet
used by the whole site.  it is as if the link to the style sheet is bad
and it simply isn't being imported."

Seems like mozilla issue?

Thanks!!!!

Stephen