[nycphp-talk] [OT] Gmail? x

Ivan Tumanov ivan.nyphp at tumanov.com
Fri Sep 10 19:16:24 EDT 2004

Yeah, I did get the wrong threat.  Well, hopefully that KeyTweak thing
will help somebody who spills something onto their laptop. ;)

As far as gmail invites go, I think sending them to @gmail.com people
won't work.

Oh, and haven't heard of a gmailfs clone for Windows.  Libgmail is
written in Python though, so I don't think it'd be too hard to write
something that does this sort of thing.  The hard part would obviously
be writing an actual file system driver that you could mount in windows,
it probably wouldn't be hard to write a little app that lets you drag
and drop files into it and drag them out of your gmail storage into a
folder.

http://libgmail.sourceforge.net/

libgmail has an example that sets up an ftp server on port 8021, so in
theory you could hodge-podge something that mounts that ftp server into
your Windows Explorer folder hierarchy.

-Ivan