[nycphp-talk] secure page not showing styles in external css in mozilla?

Dan Cech dcech at phpwerx.net
Fri Sep 10 19:37:43 EDT 2004

Stephen Musgrave wrote:
> Here's the head:
>
> <head>
> charset=iso-8859-1" />
>     <link rel="stylesheet" title="Default" href="/css/default.css"
> type="text/css" />
> </head>

This is the correct way to include the stylesheet, that way it is
independent of whether the user is using http or https.

I think your problem may be related to the way gecko browsers handle
stylesheet declarations with the closing slash ala XHTML.  If you change
the stylesheet link to:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/default.css"
title="Default"></link>

You may find it now works in gecko browsers.

Dan