[nycphp-talk] Keeping posts ON TOPIC unless clearly marked with [OT] at start of subject line

inforequest sm11szw02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Sep 11 00:19:47 EDT 2004

Hi guys.

I have been documenting the NYPHP lists configuration,  and preparing a
FAQ page on setting Mozilla/Firefox mail filters. If you set your
filters correctly, your inbox stays sorted by list, with [OT] posts in a
subfolder of the list folder.

The past day or so has seen a large number of OFF TOPIC posts to
NYPHP-Talk (which is fine I guess) but they have been mis-labeled. Some
have properly included [OT] at the start of the subject, but others have
used [ot], _OT_ and  OT .

In order to keep the list "clean" and manageable, can we please try and
mark your off-topic posts using [OT] at the *start* of the subject line?

Thanks.   -=john andrews