[nycphp-talk] Re: [gmail-talk] browser usage stats

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Sat Sep 11 17:47:55 EDT 2004

Hey All:

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 02:04:53PM -0700, Chris Shiflett wrote:
> --- Mark Armendariz <nyphp at enobrev.com> wrote:
> > Now with Moz owning 15% of the market and standards intensive
> > browsers becoming the name of the game
>
> Exactly. For the first time in nearly a decade, I'm excited about the
> possibilities again. Now I just need to catch up. :-)

This thread is the first I've heard of this.  It IS good news.  But I
was curious about the stats so Googled around and found these month by
month breakdowns: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

What I found interesting is, from a quick look, the bulk of the
Mozilla usage increase, particularly prior to June 2004, seems to have
come from people who used IE5 upgrading to Mozilla instead of
upgrading to IE6.

It also mentions that ~10% of browsers have JS turned off, thank you
very much. :)

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/