[nycphp-talk] CSV output

Mark Armendariz nyphp at enobrev.com
Mon Sep 13 02:25:48 EDT 2004

> I'm getting the following error when I try to download into Excel
>
> "Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already
> sent by (output started at
> .../program_files/include/header.php:36) in
> .../program_files/form.php on line 466"

Take a look at header.php line 36.  It could be an extra space or newline at
the end of a file or an errant echo.

PHP is telling you that headers have already been output, so it can't create
it's own for your file headers.  When ANYTHING is output by the php parser,
php throws out some bs headers t oensure that some kind of html is sent to
the browser (please correct me if that's not the reason).  Make sure your
scripts aren't outputting ANYTHING before using the header function.

Mark