[nycphp-talk] inserting text in an image and highlighting a line

Sharon Luke sluk5760 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 13 04:13:29 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm new to this list - have not been lurking long, new to php but having a
lot of fun and getting good results with it - it's just what I like - small
pieces of code and spot on results.

I have a routine for inserting text into an image (cobbled together from
pieces of code from here and there + my own mods) - I'm using it to put
handwritten text onto the image of a piece of lined writing paper, where the
text is in a plain text file.

See here http://www.wardair.com.au/ImageTextCheck.html

I'd like to be able to automatically 'highlight' some lines of text similar
to this image http://www.wardair.com.au/images/notebooktest.jpg

Not sure how to go about it - would I need to 'embed' image(s) for the
highlight before putting the text on?  Or possibly someone else has
done/seen something like this where it is straight php code.  I won't know
where on the page the highlight is to go before run-time.

Any help/links/ideas most welcome.

.Sharon