[nycphp-talk] Send Faxes

DeWitt, Michael mjdewitt at alexcommgrp.com
Tue Sep 14 09:21:18 EDT 2004

Jeff,

If you want to roll your own, you could use Hylafax, http://www.hylafax.org
This is an an opensource fax server that has been around for ages.  I have
used it for fax braodcasting (thousands of faxes, 2 modems, not web-based
over 24 hours) and as the basis for 3 in-bound web based fax servers
(automatic creation of pdfs, printing of faxes and a 3 week web page
archive).

I think Hylafax works well and is very flexible.  The issue in considering
rolling your own server is your fax quantity (pages and destinations) and
timeliness, i.e., how many faxes need to be sent out when so you can
determine the number of modems and phone lines you will need?

Mike