[nycphp-talk] Poll on WAMP installation packages and good hosting for students

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 21:28:49 EDT 2004

Here is an actual PHP-related email :D

A friend of mine will be giving an impromptu lecture to a bunch of
photographers this weekend on website management and online
publishing.  The two questions he would like opinions from the
well-versed are:

1) What are the top 5 WAMP installation packages, and which are the
easiest to maintain for non-techies?

2) What hosting providers out there (in the $9.95 range) that provide
good service, easy management, and decent reporting?

As a Fedora/Gentoo/Dynix guy I guess I'm not really qualified to
answer.  I myself would like to know the easiest/safest route to
migrate to php5 on my laptop, as I installed MySQL, Apache and PHP
separately...

-- Mitch, pining for apt/emerge/redcarpet for Wintel