[nycphp-talk] Code Highlighting a Mixed Content (HTML/PHP) File

invisiblemute geek at invisiblemute.com
Wed Sep 22 15:12:25 EDT 2004

...</lurk>

Did quite a bit of searching and found lots of scripts on sites all around the world to syntax highlight PHP code. What I didn't seem to find was how to do it elegantly with a file of mixed content types without preg_matching, preg_replacing, etc. I thought I could do it with two built in PHP functions but the following fails and doesn't return anything:

<?php
html_entity_decode(highlight_file("some_directory/$file[name]"));
?>

Leaving out the html_entity_decode() it reads in the file but runs an html_entities() on it which I don't want.

Thanks.

</lurk>...