[nycphp-talk] [OT] Furthermre -- I mean Furthermore -- CopyrightDispute over Mambo Code

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Sat Sep 25 15:05:22 EDT 2004

Hey Folks:

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 01:17:55PM -0400, Mitch Pirtle wrote:

> This should be a grim reminder to EVERYONE just how easily the media
> can be manipulated.

Yet another example of why the US is in Iraq.

> C|Net's original story basically presented Brian's claims as fact,

The "journalist" in question is Stephen Shankland.  Keep this bozo's
name in mind for future reference.  Now you know to be skeptical of
whatever he writes.  Or, maybe you'll need to plant a story too. :)

The original story
http://news.com.com/Open-source+spat+triggers+legal+threat/2100-7344_3-5372087.html

The rebuttal story
http://news.com.com/Open-source+programmer+rebuts+charge/2100-7344_3-5374986.html

> He took Mambo and some third party products, stripped all of the
> credits and copyright notices, and rebranded it as his own.
... snip ...
> Hence the creation of the defense fund (hint, hint).

I hope y'all put this _____ in his place.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/