[nycphp-talk] PHP And Search Engines

Joseph Crawford codebowl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 16:22:12 EDT 2004

Guys,

i know this isnt directed fully towards php but i have been developing
sites for some time now and one of the parts i lack is the knowledge
about search engines and spidering.

Lately i have read a bit about the NYPHP site and something about
search engine spidering.  I understand the basics such as basic meta
tags but what i need to know is if there is an easy way without use
apache's mod_rewrite to make a search engine index pages that have
querystrings such as

product.php?id=57

where each id shows a dynamic page filled with information about
different products.

now one would think that when it spiders your products.php page and it
shows links to products it would follow them and then index the
results as if it was an html document, however i have been told that
pages like that are not indexed.

If anyone can direct me to any books/online reading etc.. i would appreciate it.

--
Joseph Crawford Jr.
Codebowl Solutions
codebowl at gmail.com