[nycphp-talk] PHP And Search Engines

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Wed Sep 29 16:31:33 EDT 2004

There's tons of misinformation out there about this. As a technologist,
your best bet (my best advice) is learn about apache and mod rewrite,
and learn about search engines and how they work. Then, and only then,
if mod rewrite looks like a solid solution to your needs, then put it to
use.

The script kiddie approach is not suitable for search engine work, but
the web is full of script-kiddie solutions and articles. Most of it is
garbage IMHO.

I think I am scheduled for the January NYPHP meeting on this very topic....

-=john andrews

PS: search engines already index pages with query strings. Do a search
for any junk and you'll see it..
like
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%22.php%26site%3D%22&btnG=Search